There are many different buzz words that explain this phenomenon: flexitarian, semi-vegetarian, and week day vegetarian; where you only eat meat on the week-ends. But anyway you want to say it, you are cutting back on the meat you eat. Some do it for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or all of the above!

Removing high fructose corn syrup and preservatives from our table.
This is my on-line recipe book with my adventures into finding healthy food for my family to eat....
Trying to cook more from scratch with less prepared foods.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Eggnog!

First I want to thank this video for the visible help..



I used the Incredible Egg recipe.


Classic Cooked Eggnog
6 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups milk, DIVIDED
2 cup of french vanilla coffee half and half
1 tsp. vanilla


BEAT eggs, sugar and salt in large heavy saucepan until blended. STIR IN 2 cups milk.
COOK over low heat, stirring constantly but gently, until mixture is just thick enough to just coat a metal spoon with a thin film and temperature reaches 160°F, about 15 minutes. Do not allow to boil.
REMOVE from heat immediately.
STIR IN remaining 2 cups milk and vanilla.
REFRIGERATE, covered, until thoroughly chilled, several hours or overnight.

Silly me read the recipe as after reaching 165 degrees cook for 15 minutes.... yea my first batch as sweeten scrambled egg mess.... Good thing I did a half a recipe for that!! PLUS I also saw that adding half heavy cream or half and half will make it richer, having used most of the container of heavy cream I  used  what was left plus some of my french vanilla coffee creamer in the remaining milk... YUMMM

divider

No comments:

Post a Comment