There are many different buzz words that explain this phenomenon: flexitarian, semi-vegetarian, and week day vegetarian; where you only eat meat on the week-ends. But anyway you want to say it, you are cutting back on the meat you eat. Some do it for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or all of the above!

Removing high fructose corn syrup and preservatives from our table.
This is my on-line recipe book with my adventures into finding healthy food for my family to eat....
Trying to cook more from scratch with less prepared foods.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Refrigerator Oatmeal

With Pinterest I found this pin that had a recipe for refrigerator oatmeal. I am not a big fan of yogurt. I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream! So I had to try this but first I tried it with less yogurt that called for, maybe I could do a little bit of yogurt if I use the vanilla favored...

 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
1/3 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons vanilla favored yogurt
1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
2 teaspoons maple syrup
 1/4 cup blueberries

 Directions
 In a half pint jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Put lid on jar.
 Shake until well until combined.
 Add your blueberries and stir until mixed throughout. Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.

 Maybe try it with something else like applesauce or smashed bananas???

 1 cup low fat milk
 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup frozen blueberries or raspberries
 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce

 Directions

 Mix milk, oats and applesauce in a jar. I used a old ice cream topping jar.
 Can add salt, if desired. Shake to mix. Stir in berries. Refrigerate overnight.


 I used almond milk mixed with regular milk. Both where really good! Shocking but true... LOL


 

No comments:

Post a Comment