There are many different buzz words that explain this phenomenon: flexitarian, semi-vegetarian, and week day vegetarian; where you only eat meat on the week-ends. But anyway you want to say it, you are cutting back on the meat you eat. Some do it for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or all of the above!

Removing high fructose corn syrup and preservatives from our table.
This is my on-line recipe book with my adventures into finding healthy food for my family to eat....
Trying to cook more from scratch with less prepared foods.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tortillas


Feliz Cinco de mayo! 


I just love that picture. So colorful and beautiful.. I am making some soft tacos and noticed I only had  a couple tortillas left... could I make these??? I thought I look for a recipe....

Tortillas 


3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup hot water

Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry cutter or with two forks, cut in the shortening till the mixture is crumbly.
Add just enough hot water to the mixture to make the ingredients look moist.
Cover and let sit for a hour or so.
Roll into 10 or 12 balls.  roll this balls out to 1/8 inch thickness.
Cook in a medium hot skillet or griddle.  Cook for around one to two minutes until the tortilla is not longer wet looking.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment