There are many different buzz words that explain this phenomenon: flexitarian, semi-vegetarian, and week day vegetarian; where you only eat meat on the week-ends. But anyway you want to say it, you are cutting back on the meat you eat. Some do it for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or all of the above!

Removing high fructose corn syrup and preservatives from our table.
This is my on-line recipe book with my adventures into finding healthy food for my family to eat....
Trying to cook more from scratch with less prepared foods.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Love Sugar



* 1 whole vanilla bean
* 2 cups white sugar

Pour the sugar into an airtight container. If the vanilla bean is whole, slice it halfway through the long way, open up the bean, and use a spoon or kitchen knife to scrape out the black gooey specks. Stir the specks into the sugar, and bury the bean pod in the sugar. Cover the jar and let stand for at least 1 week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thank you for visiting my blog. I'm glad you did so I could enjoy all your great ideas and recipes. I'm not a true vegetariam, but if I never ate another piece of meat I wouldn't miss it. My family likes it....

    I also read your Rants and Screams blog and PETA can definitely go waaaaay over the top with some things...wow...but they should not be targeting children, that is just wrong. :(

    ReplyDelete