There are many different buzz words that explain this phenomenon: flexitarian, semi-vegetarian, and week day vegetarian; where you only eat meat on the week-ends. But anyway you want to say it, you are cutting back on the meat you eat. Some do it for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or all of the above!

Removing high fructose corn syrup and preservatives from our table.
This is my on-line recipe book with my adventures into finding healthy food for my family to eat....
Trying to cook more from scratch with less prepared foods.

Friday, April 23, 2010

What I am taking for Earth Day

Tomorrow is the Earth Day celebration and I have been trying to figure out what to take. I am going to be there about 12 hours so nothing to big to have to keep cold.... Cake? no... well I need some groceries and went shopping thinking I will figure it out there.. Bad Idea you think? Well I see that potatoes (oh yes I know they are in season for my area thanks to the local food finder Information courtesy of NRDC,) so when I saw them for $1.29 for ten pounds. I got a bag.

I am taking crock pot baked potatoes.

10-12 potatoes
butter

Wash the potatoes. Poke with fork. Grease the potatoes with a small amount of butter. Place in crock pot. cook 10-12 hours until tender. Do not add water.

Simple and I don't have worry about it going bad..... getting smashed or that the vegetarian will starve.

I will take sour cream, butter and some grated cheese to add to the potatoes after they are done......


divider

No comments:

Post a Comment