There are many different buzz words that explain this phenomenon: flexitarian, semi-vegetarian, and week day vegetarian; where you only eat meat on the week-ends. But anyway you want to say it, you are cutting back on the meat you eat. Some do it for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or all of the above!

Removing high fructose corn syrup and preservatives from our table.
This is my on-line recipe book with my adventures into finding healthy food for my family to eat....
Trying to cook more from scratch with less prepared foods.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Slow and Easy Lasagna

My dad loves lasagna and I have heard that he really isn't eating very well lately. It's just him and he eats way to much fast food and heat and eat food. SO to avoid a haunting from his wife the woman that raised me and would  home-cook meals for our family... Miss Animal Rights and I (with a little help from the Linebacker... my nephew who now lives in the area going to college, on football scholarship) we have a plan to cook when he comes over and send food home with him ... well tonight the daughter talked him into Subs.... So I found a recipe for crock pot lasagna I was thrilled! I could cook a big batch of lasagna and not heat the house up. Oh maybe a small crock pot for meatballs... For the Gpa and Tech...

Box of regular lasagna noddles (broken)
a jar of spaghetti sauce
ricotta cheese/ cottage cheese

egg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bag of Italian blend cheese
1/4 cup of water


I like a lot of sauce so I would add a 15 once can of tomato sauce also.
Mix together egg and ricotta cheese and or cottage cheese. 

First layer is a scoop of spaghetti sauce.
Next place the noodles on top, broken to fit in the crock pot.
Top with the ricotta cheese/ cottage cheese spread. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top of that
.
Keep layer that way until you reach the desired amount... around 4 layers....
Last layer left the cheese off (reserve some in the refrigerator)  
After using all the spaghetti sauce add the 1/4 cup of water to the jar shake to get all the sauce left in jar... and pour over the crock pot lasagna
Cook on high for 4 hours low for 8
Add your reserved cheese at the last hour.
You can push those noodles down to keep them from getting to dry and burning.



divider

No comments:

Post a Comment