There are many different buzz words that explain this phenomenon: flexitarian, semi-vegetarian, and week day vegetarian; where you only eat meat on the week-ends. But anyway you want to say it, you are cutting back on the meat you eat. Some do it for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or all of the above!

Removing high fructose corn syrup and preservatives from our table.
This is my on-line recipe book with my adventures into finding healthy food for my family to eat....
Trying to cook more from scratch with less prepared foods.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fried Provolone Cheese

Have you heard?

That fried provolone cheese can be used as a sub for bacon? Yea I thought right when my supervisor was telling me that too.... He's a vegetarian and his mom is also.  She used make her kids PLT. LOL you know like BLT but P instead of B for the vegetarians;  fried provolone cheese

He told me I should try it for my daughter. Of course kids they love to turn up their noses at different. Even at twenty something........

I tried and it wasn't bacon... but it was pretty good. I think I will eat that again.  It had the texture of lunch meat and tasted good.

One thing I learned was that it will shrink to half the size so use a whole piece.

I got my pan and got it hot.  Over middle high heat.  Put the piece of cheese down and watch it turns brown quick. I search it online and saw a site that said add herbs and Parmesan cheese.  Now they said that the Parmesan cheese helps absorb the liquid from the cheese. So I added some Parmesan cheese  then fliped over and browned on other side.
 Try it!!!

divider

No comments:

Post a Comment