There are many different buzz words that explain this phenomenon: flexitarian, semi-vegetarian, and week day vegetarian; where you only eat meat on the week-ends. But anyway you want to say it, you are cutting back on the meat you eat. Some do it for health reasons, animal rights, the environment or all of the above!

Removing high fructose corn syrup and preservatives from our table.
This is my on-line recipe book with my adventures into finding healthy food for my family to eat....
Trying to cook more from scratch with less prepared foods.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

No Yeast Pizza Crust Recipe.

My new found trying things with out gluten had me wanting some pizza like crazy.  I thought after reading many sites that to start out at using half of the flour with a gluten free flour, I try that.  I have done really good at not eating much gluten.  I have gotten the it's a cook-out come on have a burger!! PS I found I still enjoy them without a bun... but here is the recipe I used for my pizza crust.... I decided to do a yeast free recipe:

 1 cups all purpose flour
1 cup of gluten free flour mix
1 tbsp baking powder
 1/4 tsp salt
 2/3 cup water
1 tbsp cooking oil

  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Grease  pizza pan.
Combine dry ingredients.
 Add water and the oil and stir.
Knead dough by hand 6-8 times on a lightly floured surface.
 Pat  dough onto prepared pizza pan, add favorite sauce and toppings.
 Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes, depending on crust thickness.


divider

No comments:

Post a Comment